[Building Sakai] Problem restarting Production Sakai

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:22:30 PDT 2014

We recently experienced a 2-hour production outage due to the problem described by https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/LSNBLDR-305 (hibernate.org was unavailable). While the fix is good, there still exists the potential for the same problem to occur if sourceforge.net is unavailable during a system restart.  We'd like to propose a simple, but broad change to pull the hibernate dtd from the existing hibernate jar file included in the Sakai build.

Please take a look at the following proposed change and let me know your thoughts or concerns:

Thanks!
- Beth