[Building Sakai] Production issue with Lesson Builder

May, Megan Marie mmmay at iu.edu
Sun Jan 12 10:22:59 PST 2014

On Friday the following SQL began running for excessive periods of time

update lesson_builder_items set pageId=:1 , sequence=:2 , type=:3 , sakaiId=:4 , name=:5 , html=:6 , description=:7 , height=:8 , width=:9 , alt=:10 , nextPage=:11 , format=:12 , required=:13 , alternate=:14 , prerequisite=:15 , subrequirement=:16 , requirementText=:17 , sameWindow=:18 , groups=:19 , anonymous=:20 , showComments=:21 , forcedCommentsAnonymous=:22 , gradebookId=:23 , gradebookPoints=:24 , gradebookTitle=:25 , altGradebook=:26 , altPoints=:27 , altGradebookTitle=:28 where id=:29

As a stop gap we've bounced the app servers these are occurring on.    We've noted HUGE increases in the number of rows in LESSON_BUILDER_ITEMS  & the increases pertain to  rows in lesson_builder_items show a SAKAIID of "/dummy"  (Import issues?)   The behavior seems like a loop - and we've looked at LSNBLDR-304 although the cause of it is ambiguous so we're hesitant to move forward with it.

Has anyone encountered this?

Megan

Megan May
Manager, Learning Management Systems / Kuali Student Development
UITS Enterprise Student Systems
Enterprise Software Division
Indiana University
Office:  317-274-4528