[Building Sakai] mathml support

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 27 07:46:03 PST 2014

I see that ckedit in Sakai 10 has MathML functionality.

Looking at <http://caniuse.com/mathml> it would appear that the standard is barely supported. Is this chart wrong? (A quick test indicates that Chrome, Opera and Firefox all display the formulae that I've entered, so maybe it is.)

Does anybody have any more info?

I'm worried that adding this functionality looks risky - what if Chrome & IE completely remove support? I would have thought that it would be best to leave institutions to decide themselves whether they want to take the risk.

adam

--
Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.