[Building Sakai] Do any schools use multiple grading bases in the same gradebook ?

George Pipkin gpp8p at Virginia.EDU
Mon Sep 30 13:39:09 PDT 2013

Hi Everybody -

    We have been using a version of Gradebook here at U.Va. which has
some customizations
to meet use cases which may or may not be unique to our institution.
One of these cases involves
students who are enrolled in the same class under more than one roster.
This means that a student
might be enrolled under one roster as pass/fail, and another with
"A,B,C...." grades.  Up to now,
we've been handling this without actually changing the data model, but
we are thinking about
contributing this and several other changes to Sakai, and whether the
"right" way to support this
functionality might involve a change to Gradebook's data model.

    I'd like to know if there any other schools out there that might
have a need to support this use case so
we can asses whether the downside associated with a data model change in
Gradebook would be
suitably balanced by meeting real needs of other institutions.

                                  - George Pipkin
                                     U.Va.