[Building Sakai] Maximum file size

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 30 07:32:26 PDT 2013

If you are planning to bump the max file upload size to 100MB, you
should strongly consider moving files to the file system, out of the
database.  While Oracle does a pretty good job of handling BLOBs and
CLOBs, very large objects can cause it to slow down (etc).  I believe
that most large Sakai installations separate out files into the file
system, some times using a storage area network or similar devices.
Even locally for development purposes, I don't store files in my local
database (MySQL).

- Mark Norton