[Building Sakai] Android Devices Won't Download Sakai Resources

Kevin Pittman kevin.pittman at oit.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 13 11:26:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

We've had several users report that Android mobile devices won't download
any files from Resources in our Sakai 2.8.x instance.  The problem only
seems to affect Android - all desktop browsers are fine, as well as Apple
devices.  FWIW, we're running the content hosting patch to direct file
downloads to a different host.

Has anyone run into this already?  Is it a known bug in Android or Sakai?

The best description I have of the problem (I don't have any kind of
Android device myself) is that you click to open a file, and it just
sits there downloading forever until you cancel the operation.

Thanks,
Kevin
Georgia Tech T-Square Application Support

Kevin Pittman                              kevin.pittman at oit.gatech.edu