[Building Sakai] [WG: Accessibility] Student Project Opportunity Sakai CLE/jQuery-UI

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 08:01:58 PDT 2013

Hi Matt,

On 2013-09-13, at 2:09 PM, Matt Clare <Matt.Clare at BrockU.CA> wrote:

> 	We knew that the specific access key assignments were a Sakai application conflict and that they were configurable in the fluid reorderer and that was not  a significant concern.  What the demo you've shared brings to light is the non-functionality in the Sakai implementation of the vertical direction keys in the Chrome & Opera browsers are a symptom of the implementation in Sakai's trunk right now -- not a problem evident in the demo you shared (and if anyone wants to debate if Opera is a modern browser or not - I concede in advance).  The demo you shared does appear not to work with horizontal direction keys FF,Chrom,Safari  & Opera, as is the case in Sakai.

Thanks for the clarification. Can you send me a link to this functionality in a working instance of Sakai? I'll take a look and see if I can offer some suggestions.

I still don't understand your comment about the Reorderer demo not working. It's working great for me across a variety of platforms and browsers. What is it that appears to be wrong with the "horizontal direction keys," specifically?

Thanks again,

Colin

---
Colin Clark