[Building Sakai] the maximum size of site lists

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Tue Sep 3 13:32:12 PDT 2013

Yea, you shouldn't have one user enrolled in that many sites.  There are a
few approaches you should take instead.  You should remove that user from
all those sites and do one of the following:

1) Is the user a good candidate for Super Admin?  If so, add him to
Administration Workspace

2) Not a good candidate for Super Admin, but want the same permissions to
apply to all sites in Sakai?  If so, create a Junior Admin (if this is the
case, let me know, there are a few steps involved)

3) Need specific permissions for specific sets of sites?  Look into
Delegated Access (let me know if you have questions)

You shouldn't have a user in 1000+ sites (or around that).  There are a lot
of synoptic tools and portal (getSites(), getPerms()) that can cause a huge
performance impact.  You can also look into
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1011

Thanks,
Bryan