[Building Sakai] CM data changes

Jaco Gillman jaco at opencollab.co.za
Wed May 22 00:03:58 PDT 2013

Hi John

Thanks for your reply!

We developed a Webservice integration that gets all CM data from our
client's old System which we then use to create CM data in Sakai.

I agree completely with you with regards to just create a new course
offering, but our client asked if the 'old' offering can be removed. I do
feel that this might be risky, seeing that a Course Site might have already
been created from this 'old' CM data, and updating Sakai CM data might also
run the risk of getting corrupt data from the Webservice integration and
remove CM data which it should not.

Regards,

*Jaco Gillman***

Java Developer

opencollab

*Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*:* *+27 21 914 3098**

*Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc

*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za