[Building Sakai] External users and properties

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 15:01:25 PDT 2013

We store properties for external users in the SAKAI_USER_PROPERTY table.
With Sakai 2.9.1, there is a constraint that prevents these properties from
being saved. It only allows user properties for users who are in the
SAKAI_USER table.

kernel/kernel-impl/src/main/sql/mysql/sakai_user.sql:

ALTER TABLE SAKAI_USER_PROPERTY
       ADD  ( FOREIGN KEY (USER_ID)
                             REFERENCES SAKAI_USER (USER_ID) ) ;

I expect that this will be dealt with by removing the constraint, rather
than adding all external users to SAKAI_USER, or going without saving these
properties.

These properties will be an important part of our workflow for the
foreseeable future. I hope there aren't any serious repercussions to
removing the constraint.

Josh