[Building Sakai] Portal NEO Prefix

Poindexter, David Ray davpoind at iupui.edu
Thu Mar 21 15:44:25 PDT 2013

Charles,

To be fair, the "age" of 2.9 that you're citing is since official release.
I am suspecting you aren't really intending institutions just pick up a
version the day it's released.

Dave was likely referring to the lifespan of 2.9 development, including
the RC releases which you must admit are quite a bit older than the
official release.

And this is an important topic; one that, quite frankly, I'm shocked is
just now being discussed. That said, it must be discussed as this is
causing all kinds of issues with deployments (pretty sure we all wanted
people to take up 2.9, right?) and many tools with broken styling due to
this craziness with the skin and naming.

Let's be reasonable. The change that adversely affected users should have
been caught. It was not, but has been now. Let's deal with it.
--

David Poindexter

Systems Analyst

Enterprise Student Systems