[Building Sakai] Admin unexpectedly leaves su

Joshua Swink jswink at ucmerced.edu
Thu Mar 21 09:03:55 PDT 2013

One of our admin users isn't able to effectively impersonate people using
the su tool, because he stops impersonating someone as soon as he visits
one of the user's sites.. The problem only started recently - he was able
to use it before.

What happens is: He goes to the SU tool, and enters the user ID to
impersonate. Then he clicks "Become User". He then sees that user's
workspace as expected. Then visits one of the user's courses. At the course
site, the greeting in the corner says "Hello, <adminuser>!" and he is no
longer impersonating the other user.

The difference in log entries is that there is no "returning to user:"
entry. I haven't seen anything else in the log that is relevant.

Any ideas as to how to diagnose this?

Josh