[Building Sakai] Sakai-Goolge Integration

Raymond Naseef raymond.naseef at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 20:40:22 PDT 2013

Hi William,

CTools at University of Michigan has some very nice Google stuff, including:
  1 - Google Calendar project
  2 - "Google App" drop-down menu showing details on Mail, Calendar, Drive,
and Plus
  3 - "Google Drive LTI" - this is written so it can run independent of
Sakai project
  * - (I almost forgot) some nice prototypes, including one that would be
fine as a tool for working with Google Drive (but not useful for
integration with Sakai).

It seems your timing to ask is rough, as CTools team is busy deploying an
update to production.

I wrote quite a lot of the code for working on those (#2 and #3 are, or
were until this week, entirely my code).

Check out https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/umich/google.

Item #2 above has good documentation for implementing.  I do not know about
doc for #1, and #3 doc is weak.  #2 is probably by far the easiest to get
running, as it uses portal to add a drop-down "Google Apps" product to the
browser.

As Alumnus from Rutgers, I would be thrilled if you all can take advantage
of these.  I know Sakai is open source, but personally am totally unaware
of licensing issues for this stuff.

All the best,

Raymond Naseef (Ray)
raymond.naseef at gmail.com