[Building Sakai] How to Run/Install Tomcat as a Service for Sakai 2.9.1 Demo?

Viviana Hidalgo vivihodal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 10:01:38 PDT 2013

Hi there!

I installed the sakai binary version, however it happens the same: the
http://localhost:8080/portal works perfect locally or remotely but
only while the I'm logged in in the server. Is there any way of making
tomcat/sakai run even when the administrator sesion at the server
hasn't been started...something similar to a windows service?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Saludos,

Viviana Hidalgo Quintero.
Gracias.