[Building Sakai] How to Run/Install Tomcat as a Service for Sakai 2.9.1 Demo?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jun 20 10:10:47 PDT 2013

Yes, you set up tomcat as a windows service. There's nothing
specific/special about Sakai related to this. Very few people in the
community run Sakai in production on Windows anymore. I used to run the
only community QA windows server at Michigan and ran it as a service, but
that was 2-3 years ago.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69273826