[Building Sakai] Create new Plugin

Marcel Drachmann drachman at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 30 03:06:33 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I got a web app with Spring MVC up and running now, but I hassle with
the integration into Sakai, the tool.xml and the servlet filter.

Kaltura is a nice project to begin with, I got it deployed and according
to the logs it is doing something, but I am not able to see some of the
pages such as /listCollections.htm.

Is there a project with Spring MVC that integrates into the portal,
maybe even the Administration workspace? That question goes together
with the servlet configuration. How do I integrate my application into
the portal and display pages inside of the main content area. I read
through the hole
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+Programmer+Manual, but
I am not yet able to answer these questions. Please point me to the
right direction.

The documentation under
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+app+and+tool+naming+tips
tells me how to name the tool, but is there more documentation on what
is <category name="course" /> doing or for further options?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Marcel