[Building Sakai] samigo-app

Eric Murphy murphye at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 11:41:25 PDT 2013

John,

Thank you for the reply.

I would be using it to capture exam data for healthcare education (from a
healthcare portal), in theory. Many of the academic requirements of Sakai
do not apply for what I would want to to. In fact, if I were to use Samigo,
I would probably need to start an entirely new project and branch the
source code because the requirements would be quite different. I am just
looking for something to build on that provides strong exam features and
analytics of that data. If I can get something running standalone, that
would help me better evaluate the product.

I am surprised by the interdependencies of Sakai when I look at the pom
files. It seems like it would be difficult to separate out Samigo, like you
say, the more I look at it.

I am just researching the best options, and at a very high level Samigo
looks compelling. However, the deeper I look, the more I realize maybe it's
too tied to Sakai to be a viable option.

As far as students and enrollment, I would likely need to create a new
controller into Samigo using SSO to enroll learners. That would need more
analysis.

Thanks,
Eric