[Building Sakai] samigo-app

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Mon Jul 29 11:25:37 PDT 2013

The article from Anthony Whyte you mention is concerning independent
releases (indies).  That is not the same thing as running Samigo
standalone (outside of the rest of Sakai). Indies are solely a release
practice so that Samigo (or other tools) could release outside of the
entire code base.  Indies are actually going to be unravelled soon.

As far as I know, it's not possible to run Samigo standalone, and
unwinding it would probably be a large effort.  You are probably
better off thinking about how to expose it within Sakai as it lives
now.  For example, Sakai can operate as a LTI producer, you could
expose Samigo like that.  I think we'd need to have more information
about your requirements in order to give you more advice.  Are you
intending on wrapping it inside another LMS, as part of some other
portal, or what ?  How are things like students, and enrollments
managed?  Etc, etc.