[Building Sakai] tomcat restart

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:04:49 PST 2013

Hello All,

We have had some changes on sakai.properties and did (scheduled) restart
tomcat (using cron). However, the new property setting is not affected
properly.
We've checked our tomcat log and tomcat indeed restarted properly (there
are minor errors we always saw). Now we need another restart.  Restart
tomcat is not a big deal if it is on our dev, but for production, we  have
to follow our protocol: notify users one week in advance etc....really
annoying

When we have new war file, we do auto deploy, so that we can avoid
restarting tomcat.

Can anybody  know how we can avoid restart tomcat when we change our
properties file?

Sanghyun