[Building Sakai] tomcat restart

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jan 31 10:15:46 PST 2013

This has been discussed over the years, but nobody has done any serious
work in this area for awhile. Many properties that read everytime from
ServerConfigurationService, you can change with this type of jsp manually.

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2011-May/012455.html

This is the majority of properties. However, some properties in Sakai are
set via bean properties or are read only at init() so those
aren't changeable this way.

Here is a jira tracking the issue, but it hasn't had much activity.
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-739

It's basically writing or modifying some existing IU (Like config editor)
to set and possibly persist the properties for the ones that
are changeable, and fixing all of the tools that are caching the properties
so they can be changed.