[Building Sakai] Any Ubuntu packages, EC2 images or other easier ways to get a CLE install up and running on Linux?

Christian Seberino cseberino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:30:14 PST 2013

On 02/21/2013 11:23 AM, Charles Severance wrote:
> Christian,
>
> Here are my scripts for dummies (like me):
>
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/csev/trunk/scripts/sakai-full/
>
> There is a README and a EC2 README, and an ubuntu script to grab
> dependencies.

Thanks!  Is there much value in building Sakai from source?

Correct me if I'm wrong but hard drive space is so cheap I'm guessing
most people
would prefer to just download the standard binaries for everything to keep
things as simple as possible.

Trying to save room on a server or use "latest greatest" just introduces
more potential
for trouble it seems.

cs