[Building Sakai] Is Respondus LockDown the only answer?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Feb 8 12:43:08 PST 2013

I guess if your concern is that you don't want students to copy and paste
questions into Google and have it return the answer, then your css fix
should be enough deterrent. All Respondus would give you is the inability
to open another window. They could still type the question on another
computer but maybe students are slow typers or wouldn't make the effort.

As far as preventing collaboration, I don't think it has any value. Small
device video sharing or just getting together in the same room is just as
easy. I'd be more worried about the browser crashing and losing my exam
after forcing me to reboot (which it has done when I tried using it) or the
browser messing up my local computer. (Which it luckily didn't seem to do,
but I don't have that computer anymore)