[Building Sakai] Web Content tool to open in new windows for https

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Dec 19 06:58:41 PST 2013

I agree it should all be backported to 2.9.x, but the issue (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23850 /
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23894) there is nothing committed
yet in trunk to there's nothing to backport. The only one that really
should get merged back is http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23841 but
it hasn't been marked as verified.

The version Omer is already running contains the portlet web tool and the
fix for (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21624). All this does
though is check the remote headers to see if the site allows for framing or
not. Most sites still allow framing but are blocked by the browser because
of https/http issues which were introduced later.

There is no fix in Sakai trunk that I know of yet to detect and redirect
for mixed content. It looks like there's a patch on SAK-23894 but it needs
some more work and is not automatic.