[Building Sakai] Wicket, Portlets and JSR-168

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Sun Dec 15 08:00:22 PST 2013

Yea, it looks like portlets *were* supported in 1.4 but were removed in 1.5
because nobody was actively maintaining it. (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2976)

The ticket for 1.5 is open with no activity in over a year there or the
repository though.

And old comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1620 was
that
"we will not be providing portlet support until we have an active committer
that wants to maintain it"

So I wouldn't be betting on this short term, but seems like we could keep
projects back on 1.4 until/if this is ever resolved? Only 2 projects in
core are currently wicket (profile2/sitestats) and both of them are on
1.4.x.