[Building Sakai] Sakai LTI Provider

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Mon Dec 2 11:39:43 PST 2013

The hybrid code did (at least) two things:

(1) Provided a way to launch Sakai tools via LTI Provider
(2) Provided identity providers fed by OAE

The part that was removed was mostly (2).  The (1) code pre-dated hybrid and is still there and in regular use by folks using uPortal (as Matt mentioned) and also situations where Sakai tools are being launched from Moodle (Adrian is playing with this).

So the Sakai LTI Provider capability continues to improve and be supported.  Here is the Provider code:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/trunk/basiclti-portlet/src/java/org/sakaiproject/blti/ProviderServlet.java

Here is the documentation for the provider:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/trunk/basiclti-docs/resources/docs/sakai_basiclti_provider.doc

Swinsberg and Adrian have been doing work on the provider most recently.

/Chuck