[Building Sakai] Moving YAFT and CLOG to github

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Aug 27 13:08:39 PDT 2013

There is no requirement right now for any licensing agreements and
contributing to /contrib. There's also no licensing restrictions on
anything checked in there (other than not contributing anything with a
commercial or restricted license).

I think the biggest disconnect between github projects would be the issue
tracking. The git module that's *good* looks expensive (not from
Atlassian), and the one we have requires that a wush support ticket for
each repository to create a mirror and some work on the frontend, so non
trivial. Only OAE and Big Blue Button were using it, and I think OAE
stopped using it once they created new repositories because of the work
involved and the much better integration with github issue tracker rather
than using jira.

So you'd probably want to migrate over all your open issues there too.