[Building Sakai] Moving YAFT and CLOG to github

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Aug 27 12:54:27 PDT 2013

I agree with the Aaron view that we don't formalize contrib under sakaiproject.  Let the projects form wherever they form.   We should have a way to find them in one place and have a pattern for branches, etc that we recommend contrib projects use for consistency.

It also means that contrib projects may or may get developed with all parties guaranteed to have a ICLA - which means that any future contrib project that moves to core will need to go through an incubation process to at a minimum clear IP issues.

Contrib projects that run only allowing committers with a CCLA should continue to do so even if they in some far-off corner of github.

I think that we should encourage a best practice for contrib (i.e. be on github)..  It is OK to be flexible but most folks will be happy following convention.

/Chuck