[Building Sakai] Hibernate DocType DTD files and slow Sakai startups

Raymond Naseef raymond.naseef at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 19:35:22 PDT 2013

Hi Rob,

When working for Michigan State University, we ran into the same or very
similar issue with Hibernate configuration and mapping files in early 2012
(these are the same files you mention).  I do not recall write now what
changes in our system caused the problem, but I know how we fixed the
problem.  We modified the !DOCTYPE in similar manner as your message
indicates.

This did require us to update ALL the hbm.xml & cfg.xml files.  We copied
Hibernate files to our domain and pointed to those, instead of
http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/.  I have note here stating the change was
done so JBoss could access those securely, removing access to the external
URL.

If I find out something more about this, I will let you know.

Good luck!
-Ray