[Building Sakai] Demo of Sakai LTI 2.0 Support - Wednesday (i.e. tomorrow)

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Aug 13 08:24:44 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have been working for the past few months on implementing IMS LTI 2.0 in Sakai.  IMS LTI 2.0 is now in public draft - which means it becomes final when two compliant applications are working and pass certification.  One of the great benefits of building your implementation during this phase of the IMS process is that if you don't like something in the spec - it can still be changed.  Here is the LTI 2.0 spec:

http://www.imsglobal.org/lti/

Here is a really simple unit test of the protocol that I will demonstrate at the beginning of the webinar:

https://online.dr-chuck.com/sakai-api-test/tc.php

In the rest of the webinar I will show the Sakai implementation of LTI 2.0 interacting with my unit tests, and a Ruby of LTI 2.0 implementation by John Tibbets funded by VitalSource.

I still have a lot of work to do - you will see rough edges - and LTI 2.0 still needs a certification and to be approved as final - but i wanted to share my results early.

There should be plenty of time for questions.

Pre-registration is not needed.

/Chuck

Meeting information
Topic: LTI Webinar