[Building Sakai] Adding Sites via API / SiteService deprecated

Michael Mertins mertins at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 12 06:18:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

it seems I will need to extend the Sakai Worksites to add a few new fields
into the database with additional information. How do I extend the site
definition and the add site dialogue?

Could I simply extend the BaseSite implementation (for example with a new
course identifier) and add this one via SiteService? Do I have to touch
the SiteManager aswell if I want it to include the new field every time I
add a new site? And will it ask for it in the add-site-dialogue?

Best wishes,

Michael Mertins