[Building Sakai] problem with ck edit and page fragments containing <link> tags

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 1 12:44:21 PDT 2013

A lot of our users add <link> tags to their Resources > HTML pages to use a custom stylesheet.

Although not legal HTML, all browsers seem to interpret the CSS references and display the pages according to the specified style.

There was no issue with FCK Edit but since our move to ck edit 3.6.2, we've had lots of complaints that 2 blank paragraphs are added before a <link> element and a </p> after it when switching from source to regular view in the editor. This happens every time one switches and I think every time a page is opened for editing.

Has anybody got a work around for this?

If not could somebody tell me what I should be looking at?

Basically I need a way to say "allow <link> elements in document (like <script elements>) and dont do anything funny with them. "!

Adam

--

Dr AC Marshall (WebLearn Service Manager)
IT Services, 13, Banbury Rd. Oxford. OX2 6NN