[Building Sakai] 2.9.x Browsers Supported, curious

Poindexter, David Ray davpoind at iupui.edu
Thu Apr 11 17:24:07 PDT 2013

Agreed. Completely. The requirements are stated, and they should be observed. Objections are above and beyond the purpose of my thread.

That said.. Can we talk html5 doctype and modern elements now? I see that IE9 does, in fact, support several even without any kind of a javascript-based HTML5 shiv:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/hh410106#_HTML5_Semantic_Elements

I would ask about two things:

  1.  Changes to current tools, over time, and
  2.  New tools, recommendations to use HTML5 elements, and
  3.  Portal module doctype settings.

What would break, if anything, if you got away from the antiquated XHTML transitional doctype to just an html doctype? Is there any tool actually relying on this now?
--
David Poindexter
Systems Analyst