[Building Sakai] Spring pattern question

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Tue Sep 18 04:16:36 PDT 2012

The covers are not a spring pattern. They are basically just a static
reference to the actual service object and a static passthrough to
some (though typically not all) of the methods in that service.
They are mostly there to make it easier to access the services for
things which don't work as easily with Spring injection.
I wouldn't worry about them too much. If you can avoid using them,
that is probably best.
-AZ