[Building Sakai] Hidding Lesson builder resources and in generalhidding resources

JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ jmariano at um.es
Thu Oct 18 01:47:01 PDT 2012

+1. Also running it in production at the University of Murcia since the
patch was created.

We find it specially useful for contents (html hosted in resources)
published with the *Web content* tool. We don't have LB yet so most
people publish their content that way.
We've been asked several times for that feature, people usually want to
have their website accessible via Web Content but not visible in the
*Resources *tool.

mariano

El 18/10/2012 10:35, Daniel Merino escribió:
> +1
>
> We are running this patch in production since March 2012 with no related
> issues. Specially useful for (easily) linking hidden images to Samigo's
> tests.
>
> Regards.
>
> Diego del Blanco Orobitg escribió:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I’ve been testing Lesson builder for a customer that wants to create
>> with LB a path where you see a video, then you need to do an
>> assessment and if you pass then you can view the subpage with the next
>> video…
>>
>> I’ve used private youtube videos (yes, they are open, but this was a
>> testing) and I’ve seen that LB creates in resources a folder for each
>> subpage with the URL to the videos, and these URL are accessible
>> independently from the result of the assessment. So you can create a
>> subpage only visible if you pass an assessment but if you go to
>> resources you can view the link to the next video.
>>
>> This open again the question about hidden folders with accessible
>> content. There is a way commented in other mail to allow this creating
>> a private folder and a folder inside with permissions to view hide
>> content for access. But this is a trick. We at Samoo have developed
>> time ago a patch to add an option for a folder to hide it but maintain
>> the resources available to students.
>>
>> We will be happy (again because this is not the first time we propose
>> this and solution is uploaded to this JIRA since March 2012
>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-7814 ) to have it included in
>> the Sakai Official code. I think is a really important feature not
>> solved now. In this case LB, LB can create the folders with this
>> option enabled or the “maintain” can manually hide the folders but
>> continuing allowing the users to access to the content in LB.
>>
>> This can be useful for many other questions and tools.
>>
>> We have it developed for 2.7, 2.8 (and March 2012 trunk to be
>> included…) but obviously this is out of date… so we will need to
>> update it for 2.9 too and actual trunk, no problem because the change
>> is not so big, but, we will do it but only if someone assure us to
>> include it in Sakai, because we don’t want to waste again our time
>> developing a feature for several versions and trunk to be ignored.
>>
>> Why is so difficult to contribute with interesting and desired new
>> features to the community????!!!!!????!!!!! Why if we solve a
>> requested feature in JIRA (following the official way of doing things)
>> uploading the patches to all the active versions in Sakai this is not
>> included neither discussed.
>>
>> Sorry for the complain, but this is not the only one think we want to
>> improve or contribute and is ignored. And I’m totally sure that this
>> feature is desired because there are a lot of people that ask for it.
>>
>> cid:image001.jpg at 01C9F98A.71C74E60<http://www.samoo.es/>
>>
>> *Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
>>
>> Director de Operaciones**

> [...]

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA - http://www.um.es