[Building Sakai] Kernel Changes to support SAK-16600

Patrick Haggood phaggood at umich.edu
Mon Nov 12 09:13:13 PST 2012

I'd like to propose one more kernel change to support
SAK-16600/KNL-989: publicly exposing
ToolManager.getLocalizedToolProperty() to allow SiteAction (where
groups for tool edit are retrieved for display in the velocity
template chef_site-editFeatures.vm)  to retrieve localized group
names.

I've selected this design option because it enables localization of
the group names with a minimum of code duplication by reusing logic
already used for localizing tool names (i.e.
tool[-locale].properties). As an alternative, if a separate
toolgroup[-locale].properties is created, (i.e. leaving
getLocalizedToolProperty() hidden), then additional code will have to
be added to SiteAction (and possibly Portal) to deliver localization
of the group names.

Please let me know soon if you have any concerns with this change or
any alternatives

Thanks,
Patrick