[Building Sakai] Google scholar. Missing "Import into Sakai"

Dunn, Jon William Butcher jwd at iu.edu
Tue May 22 22:00:51 PDT 2012

I'm afraid I have some bad news… Matthew contacted Google and learned that Google has removed support for Sakai integration in the "new modern look" of Google Scholar with no advance notice, and they have no plans to bring it back. The reason given was low usage.

For now, users can manually go back to the old look by clicking on the "Revert to old venerable look" in the bottom left hand corner of the Google Scholar search screen, then close the Google Scholar window and reopen it by clicking again on the "Search Google Scholar" button. Another option would be to modify the Citations Helper code to add the parameter sciui=2 to the http://scholar.google.com/schhp URL to force the old look.

However, neither of these is a long term solution, as the old Google Scholar look will presumably be going away at some point in the near future.

The IU and UM teams will continue to explore other options, and we'd appreciate any suggestions from the community on this issue.

Jon