[Building Sakai] [building sakai] create skin

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue May 22 22:18:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

The tool menu for a site is dynamic, based on the tools that are selected for that site, and what order you have them in.

There is no provision for a tool to be nested inside another menu. You would need to create some method for that, which could be as simple as having a 'tool hierarchy' similar to the site hierarchy, which just uses properties, in this case tool/page properties.

Then the portal could read those properties and render appropriately.

If you just wanted to do this for the logged out front page, you could use the gatewaySiteUrl feature we implemented for 2.8 and onwards. This allows you to skip the default gateway site and use an external page instead. The portal already handles the relevant redirections so this was a minor addition:

So in this manner you could have an external webpage that has nested menuing etc.

You can set this via the following in sakai.properties:
gatewaySiteUrl=/welcome
An example of this is:
https://alliance.anu.edu.au

you get taken to