[Building Sakai] lesson builder issues in 1.4

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri May 4 08:49:33 PDT 2012

I've had to back out a set of changes that call tools in popups rather than new screens. It was the result of a continuing set of bugs, which are showing up in production for some customers.

I have a copy running locally. After a bit more testing I'm going to update both trunk and 1.4. In the meantime, I think for production deploys I'd use rev 107480, i.e. right before LSNBLDR-65 was checked in. There are a number of fixes since then, primarily to site copy, though LSNBLDR-66 is also useful. However the problems with LSNBLDR-65 are more serious than the fixes.

I should have the reverted version checked in late tonight or tomorrow.

My apologies for the problems. This feature turned out to be more complex than anticipated, and there are too many cases that weren't properly tested and didn't work.

I have not updated the binary for 2.8.1 in http://rci.rutgers.edu/~hedrick/lb/  recently. It is from shortly before these changes, and continues to be safe to use.