[Building Sakai] URGENT - Samigo: statistics do not show when random draw from pool is used

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Mon Mar 12 15:12:02 PDT 2012

SAM-1620 could be interpreted as a new feature, and the Sakai community has
agreed not to introduce large, new features into maintenance branches.  The
idea of the maintenance branch is to create a stable environment for bug
fixes only.

Institutions that want to introduce new features into their environment
need to learn how to use the "svn merge" command to bring a feature from
trunk into their local code.

The basic process of merging a fix from trunk to a branch:

  $ cd your-local-samigo
  $ svn merge -c ###### https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sam/trunk/

To figure out what the "#####", you need to go into JIRA and investigate
the "Subversion Commits" tab.   SAM-1620 is extremely complex so you will
need to ignore all of the many branch commits and look for the final commit
made to trunk.

--Sam