[Building Sakai] URGENT - Samigo: statistics do not show when random draw from pool is used

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 12 15:41:28 PDT 2012

I agree, msub is the place for this in a 2.8 world. This is what it looks
like UCT did for it today on revision (105667)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//msub/uct.ac.za/samigo-2.8.3/

That way it at least has some confirmation that it is tested and running in
production somewhere. Any change of this size definitely has the
possibility of causing regressions or edge cases and rarely gets the QA it
needs. There are also related issues, some of them open, I can't tell if
they are regressions or not without further investigation.

People depend on these .x branches for blocker/critical bug fixes and this
looks like a minor feature request had been requested 6 years ago and was
fixed 2 years ago.

However Samigo is a rare project in the CLE that has it's own team and can
release how they want, but I would still advise that this be kept in a
separate institutional branch or a some type of separate feature-backport
branch.

-Matthew