[Building Sakai] Help needs help: our conference session needs you!

Patrick Lynch P.Lynch at hull.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 08:09:45 PDT 2012

Colleagues

For a number of years the help tool in Sakai has been recognised as
inadequate. A small group of individuals have been working to improve
the quality of the help text, but we are hampered in bringing the
benefits of this work to the community because of the challenges that
the help tool and the help production/distribution process throws at us.
It has been identified by a number of institutions that the quality of
the help for any system is a key influencer in the decision to adopt. We
would love for some developer folks to come and join us at
'Documentation: Past Lessons and Future Directions' session at 2:30 on
June 11 in Tower 1401. We are a group who can and are documenting the
tools that you guys develop, that is our part of the deal. Could you
help us work towards a better tool to provide that help?

Even if you don't want to be committed to spending time on developing,
come along and just join the conversation. Or catch people around the
conference when you can. If you can't make the conference drop us a
line!

Any help very much appreciated.

Patrick Lynch on behalf of the Documentation Group

Patrick Lynch

eLearning Coordinator

Library and Learning Innovation

University of Hull