[Building Sakai] [building sakai] how to set ?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Jul 31 23:11:53 PDT 2012

The tutorial is a new feature for 2.9 and we plan to disable it for the
regular release because it won't be translated to all languages in time for
2.9.0. What you're seeing is probably a bug in general with the tutorial
entity not correctly picking up the language set in the session (or even
possibly on the server)

You can disable it with the property
portal.use.tutorial=false

We'd have to look at why it's not working.
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//help/trunk/help-component/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/help/TutorialEntityProviderImpl.java

Someone's already submitted translated files, but I'd doubt it was actually
tested with any language other than English.

As far as the footer, that is a property that by default is this:

#bottomnav.count = 3
#bottomnav.1 = <a href="/portal/site/!gateway">Gateway</a>
#bottomnav.2 = <a href="/portal/pda">Mobile View</a>
#bottomnav.3 = <a href="http://www.sakaiproject.org/"
target="_blank">The Sakai Project</a>