[Building Sakai] Context-Sensitive Documentation in Sakai

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Jul 31 07:45:42 PDT 2012

I think what might be better/easier would be to have that initial page of
help describe that this functionality exists (that clicking on any help
icon on any tool will bring up context sensitive help for that tool) and
also including this help button as part of the 2.9 tutorial tool.

The initial help page already has a little block which says
*"Tool Help: While using a tool, you can go directly to the Help for that
tool by clicking on the Help icon in the tool title bar "*
But it's pretty easy to miss, maybe adding the icon or something and moving
this block to the top will make people more likely to see it.

The only obvious problem I can see is that the list on the left is for
pages (not tools) and pages can have multiple tools placed on them. (Like
the home page)

Either way, as long as there's a property to preserve existing behavior it
can be merged into trunk if you wanted to go through with the change.