[Building Sakai] OAE/CLE Hybrid, LDAP user creation / user deletion

Jan Kulmann jankul at zmml.uni-bremen.de
Tue Jul 31 07:25:41 PDT 2012

sorry for cross-posting...

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a hybrid installation with CLE 2.9 and OAE 1.4
(both snapshots, end of june). The hybrid mode works well with LDAP
enabled. OAE and CLE reside on their own machines, with a load balancing
Apache HTTPD on the OAE machine. CLE is configured to use OAE for user
management purposes.

If I'm successfully logging in with my LDAP account I'm getting a 404
error (logfile) while accessing My Profile->'Basic Information', 'About
Me' and 'Publications' (GET /~username/public/authprofile.profile.json).
Am I missing anything, perhaps a non-visible configuration option?
Automatic user creation is on, for local users this problem does not exist.

The next problem I've noticed is the deletion of users and the user's
content. I've read the thread about deleting worlds. Am I'm right that
there is no easy way to remove a user system-wide with all of his items?

Thanks,
Jan

--
Jan Kulmann