[Building Sakai] Context-Sensitive Documentation in Sakai

Chris Kretler ckretler at umich.edu
Tue Jul 31 07:12:05 PDT 2012

Hello,

Feedback from a recent student study on the usability of Michigan's local
Sakai instance indicated that users are not aware of the context-sensitive
documentation.  As such, they were missing documentation on important and
complex tasks like site creation.  Currently, the 'Help' link in the list
of tools on the left side of the interface links to general help, while the
question mark on the right side of a tool's title bar provides access to
context-sensitive documentation.  We are considering changing the 'Help'
link in the list of tools so that it links to context-sensitive
documentation.

What are your thoughts on this change?  If we do make this change locally,
do you think this should be merged into trunk?

Regards,
Chris Kretler
Business Analyst
University of Michigan