[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9 skin issue

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Thu Jul 26 05:32:33 PDT 2012

On Jul 24, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Sam Ottenhoff wrote:

> You are certainly free to maintain that skin, but the CLE Team members will not be spending future time on that skin.  The consensus is that the new skin is a large improvement and the right path forward.
>
> Also, this is a great time to remind everyone that the CLE Team meets weekly at 10am Eastern Time.  A weekly email with call info goes out every Wednesday at noon ET to sakai-dev, sakai-qa, and cle-release-team.  We talk about changes that are coming in the future, release plans, blocker bugs, and are happy to discuss agenda items brought up by community members.
>
> --Sam

Mustansar,

As Sam says we won't be accepting bugs on the on the old skin to avoid splitting the resources we have available to get 2.9 completed.  That old skin was around for a while and should be pretty solid and hopefully you can fix the few little things that pop up.

This just one example of why we need community resources to get releases finished - if we wander forward with a "good beta" for too long we get version smear.  Hopefully 2.9 will move quickly toward release and we will have as few of these "Beta in production" situations as we can.

/Chuck