[Building Sakai] Chrome and samigo assessment time?

David Minugh David.Minugh at English.su.se
Sat Feb 25 03:14:25 PST 2012

I believe we saw a similar situation with Firefox when we ran a timed diagnostic test in SAKAI, using the T&Q function. The net went down, and when it was up again after half an hour or so, the students' timers indicated that that half-hour had been counted, so they got a shorter time for the test. Unfortunately, I don't know what the server(s) recorded.
   At any rate, the expected behavior would be for the student test time to be extended accordingly, although I don't know how you'd solve it technically.

David C. Minugh                	                                              E-mail: David.Minugh at english.su.se
Director of Studies	                                                             Tel: (+46) 8 16 36 11
English Department                      	                                    Cell phone: (+46) 70 - 23 14 777
Stockholm University                    	                               Office: E 877, Frescati

-----Original Message-----
From: sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of Joshua Swink
Sent: den 24 februari 2012 22:19
To: Sakai-Dev
Subject: [Building Sakai] Chrome and samigo assessment time?

We had a student whose browser, Chrome, shut down for whatever reason about one hour into a two-hour timed exam in Samigo. When she restarted it and went back to the exam, it showed only about half an hour remaining. It should have shown one hour remaining. She took a screen shot, which showed the timer remaining at that point, and also her computer's clock (which showed the correct time of day). She submitted the exam when the timer ran out, missing out on about 30 minutes of test time.

According to the server, she still had an hour left, not 30 minutes, when she restarted her browser. So I'm wondering if this might be a problem with Chrome, or has this sort of thing happened with other browsers?

Josh