[Building Sakai] Chrome and samigo assessment time?

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:18:54 PST 2012

We had a student whose browser, Chrome, shut down for whatever reason
about one hour into a two-hour timed exam in Samigo. When she
restarted it and went back to the exam, it showed only about half an
hour remaining. It should have shown one hour remaining. She took a
screen shot, which showed the timer remaining at that point, and also
her computer's clock (which showed the correct time of day). She
submitted the exam when the timer ran out, missing out on about 30
minutes of test time.

According to the server, she still had an hour left, not 30 minutes,
when she restarted her browser. So I'm wondering if this might be a
problem with Chrome, or has this sort of thing happened with other
browsers?

Josh