[Building Sakai] Updating question pools for published exams

Nicole Burris nburris at ashworthcollege.edu
Wed Feb 22 09:41:37 PST 2012

Hi all!

We pull from question pools for all of our multiple choice exams. If an error is found in a question (e.g. a missing image, typo, or even incorrect answer chosen as correct), I have to go in to the actual question pool to edit the question. I've found that when I do this, if the exam is already published, it will continue to pull from the original pool, rather than the updated, corrected one. I know that I can remove the published exam, and then click "update pool" in the pending version, republish, and that will update the questions BUT that is not an ideal solution for our school. We have a huge volume of students, who work asynchronously, so being able to update questions pools that published exams are pulling from is pretty important.

Any thoughts on how/if this can be done?

Thanks,

Nicole Burris
Program Manager

[Ashworth College]