[Building Sakai] Sakai2.6 - Add Site to All Sites taking too long time to add the tool to 2 Lakh users

Bhanu Teja Motupalli bhanu1607 at rediffmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:55:09 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I'm using sakai2.6 with oracle database.

In my portal 2,50,000 registered users are there, now I want to add a new
tool in my workspace and it should be available for new users as well as
existing 2,50,000 registered users.

I'm adding the tool in the following manner;

Login as Admin User -> Customizer -> Site Types ->
myworkspacebuserdregistered  -> Add Tools  -> Add Tool to All Sites  -> Save
Tool Choices

But, it is taking 2 - 3 Days time to add the tool to all users.

Is there any other configuration or alternate way to add the tool to all
users.